Kane's A2 Media Production

A2 Media Production - Kane

Thursday, 7 October 2010

Music video research; The Temper Trap - Love Lost



I chose this video as a similar product because it effectively creates the effect, look ave style I am wanting to achieve in my own music video. I think due to the simplicity of this video it would be relatively easy for me to direct, shoot and edit a similar final product. This product also seems fairly low budget which is an important aspect when creating my own music video as thing such as CGI would never be an option. I like the fact the video is purely narrative with no instruments shown.

The first thing that struck me about this video is the raw English vibe to it. This instantly appealed to me. This effect is created through the use of muted/vintage colour tones, giving it that classic 50s timeless look to it. The clothes and props used also add to that genuine English vibe. The MES used throughout the scene further adds to the mood. The fact the video is set in your stereotypical rainy English countryside with the hills littered with war time houses creates the perfect MES for the idea that the director was aiming to get across.

The use of the different shot types within the video work effectively in using the MES to its full potential. There are CU shots of each of the boys as they sing their line. The shallow depth of field works well in isolating the subjects from the background. The various long shots illustrate all the boys and the location fully and giving a wider view of the scene overall. The use of tracks and pans works well in this video when moving from character to character. Pans are used regularly throughout the video to move from the different boys in the scene.

The sound on this video is fairly basic within this scene as its mainly just a song dubbed over. But I do like the use of dialogue at the start and midway and think it backs the English vibe I described earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.