I have chosen to analyse this music video because it also shows the kind of effect and style of video that I want to go for when I do my final media product. I think the main reason that I like it is due to the typically English feel to it that I want to be present in my media music video. As the other video I analysed, the style of shooting and editing allows me to easily recreate this sort of look as it wouldn’t be hard to direct, edit or shoot.
In this video the colour tones used are muted which gives that classic timeless look as I mentioned in my previous video analysis. I want to use muted colour tones like this in my video by using the curves function within the video editing software. The clothes and props used in the video add to the atmosphere as the clothes are all whimsical and timeless. The MES is mainly countryside which again mirrors the scenes I want to set within my media product.
The variation of shots within the video work with the conventions of the music industry; the use of narrow depth of field is used to render the background out of focus which is another effect I want to create in my video. The concept of the video is like a journey from one place to another which is another thing it has in common with the video I want to shoot. There is quite a lot of handheld camera in the video too. Tracks and pans are used throughout the video which again in conventions often used in music videos.
There is no dialogue at all within the video. It is purely music dubbed over all of the footage.
No comments:
Post a Comment