Kane's A2 Media Production

A2 Media Production - Kane

Friday, 15 October 2010

Music video research; CocoRosie - Lemonade



I chose to analyse this video as it has the dark style that I want to create in my music video. It has that horror-film feel to it with the blue tones which adds to the eerie feeling of the video. The cinematography is really inspiring in this video and has a really cinematic element to it, which is something I am interested in and would really like to use in my video.

The camera used within this video uses shallow depth of field, rendering the background out of focus. I really like this as it adds to the cinematic feel I referred to earlier. The use of slow tracks and pans add to the spooky feel and give the viewer a creepy feeling. I like how the white-balanced has been set to blue which gives it that cold effect again resembling that of a horror film. The lighting within this scene is also quite contrast with bright faces and a dark background. There is also some slightly CGI parts in this video, which isn’t something I would be able to create in my final product.

The editing within this is just mainly cuts from one shot to another. But there is a variation of shots throughout the video from CU’s to LS’s which ensures the set is used to its full potential. I particularly like the shot where it is shot behind her in the mirror and she has a different reflection. The sound used in this video is purely musical with no dialogue at all.

The MES is really good in this video. I like the location used and the costumes and props within the scene as it gives it that timeless look to it. I find it slightly weird how the women have beards but it definitely adds to the eccentricity of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.